What Is a Sports Injury?
A sports injury is a type of injury that occurs as a result of playing a sport. It can happen if you are hit by a piece of equipment, move your limbs too fast, or when you push too hard while playing sports. Here is the list of most common types of sports injuries:
- Strains and sprains. These occur when tendons or ligaments become overstretched or torn. Strains and sprains can happen suddenly or over time by causing swelling, pain, limited movement, and bruising.
- Meniscus tear. The menisci are located in the knee and serve as buffers between the bones. They are very vulnerable and can be easily torn, especially when a foot is planted on the ground and the knee is bent.
- Rotator cuff injury. This injury is caused by either acute shoulder movements or chronic overuse of the shoulder muscles.
- Dislocations. These injuries can occur in any joint of the body, including the elbows, knees, shoulders, fingers, and hips. Shoulders can even be subjected to repeated dislocations.
Here are the most common symptoms that are associated with a sports injury:
- Reduced range of motion
- Inflammation and swelling
- Visible injury
- Not being able to move
The majority of sports injuries are minor and can heal on their own. However, in some cases, they can be quite severe and require immediate medical help. If you have experienced a sports injury, the first thing you should do is to see a doctor for a physical exam.
How Can Chiropractic Treatment Help?
Chiropractic techniques have been proven to be effective in treating sports injuries and providing rehabilitation. Chiropractic adjustments provide pain relief from pain or discomfort caused by sports injuries. A chiropractor uses special manual adjustments in order to reduce joint inflammation, improve joint function, and alleviate pain. Many chiropractors also provide massage therapy to help increase blood flow and reduce inflammation.
Elliott Chiropractic Clinic in Newnan GA - Chiropractic Solutions for Your Overall Wellness and Health
If you live in Newnan, GA, or any of the surrounding areas, and you are looking for a chiropractor to recover from an athletic injury, Elliott Chiropractic Clinic is here to help you. Dr. Kerry Elliott has been helping patients for over 30 years and does his best to provide his patients with high-quality chiropractic treatment and get back to a healthy, happy, and active life without any pain and discomfort. Do not hesitate to contact our clinic to schedule your first appointment.