Causes and Treatments for Upper Back Pain
Are you struggling with frequent pain in your upper back? At Elliott Chiropractic Clinic, our chiropractor is happy to administer a variety of chiropractic treatments for those in the Newnan, GA, area who are struggling with upper back pain.
Common Causes of Upper Back Pain
Upper back pain has many different causes, but it tends to be the result of activities or habits that put too much stress on your back. It could also be caused by the following factors:
- Overuse: Repetitive motions can strain the muscles in the upper back and lead to pain, tightness, and stiffness. Overuse is common if you use your back frequently at work or during workouts.
- Poor posture: Simply sitting in a chair the wrong way at work can be very unhealthy for your back as it creates problems like upper back pain, soreness, and lack of movement.
- Pressure on spinal nerves: Problems like herniated discs can compress the spinal nerves and cause sharp pain and difficulty moving.
- Injuries: Sports accidents and car collisions can cause problems for the upper back and lead to chronic pain.
- Osteoarthritis: A breakdown in one of the cartilages that cushions the spinal joints can trigger upper back pain.
Treatments for Upper Back Pain
Suffering from upper back pain should not take hold of your life. If you are suffering from this type of pain, we have the tools to determine whether an underlying condition is triggering your upper back pain. We also have treatments that make sure that it doesn’t happen over and over again. Some techniques that combat upper back pain are as follows:
- Spinal manipulation: Our chiropractor will use this technique to reduce your upper back pain, relieve pressure off of spinal joints, and improve your range of motion.
- Exercise: Exercise is a treatment method our chiropractor uses to ease upper back pain, prevent reinjury, and increase range of motion.
- Lifestyle counseling: Changing certain parts of your lifestyle or activities that can lead to upper back pain can help.
Book Your Appointment Today
We understand that upper back pain can ruin your quality of life. If you have it and are looking for treatments to reduce it, look no further than Elliott Chiropractic Clinic in Newnan, GA, for assistance. We can figure out why you are experiencing upper back pain, and we can tailor a treatment plan to improve your life quality. Call us at 770-253-2073 to schedule an appointment.